What is Beyond the Bridge?
Beyond the Bridge is A Wider Bridge’s leadership network of North American and Israeli LGBTQ (and allied) change makers, committed to advancing equality in Israel and equality for Israel through community education, engagement, and public advocacy.
Who is in Beyond the Bridge?
The BTB Network is comprised of North American and Israeli LGBTQ (and allied) leaders who have participated in an AWB Leadership Mission to Israel or the Leadership Mission to America. Members of the beyond the bridge network are elected officials, grassroots organizers, CEOs, business owners, clergy, journalists, and leaders across industries.
Here are a just a few of our network members:
- Alex Lazar, Administrative Business Partner, Google
- Aaron Tax, Director of Advocacy, SAGE
- Daniel Hernarndez, State Representative, Arizona House of Representatives
- Evan Wolfson, Author, Attorney, Previous Founder & President Freedom to Marry
- Kim Hunt, Executive Director, Pride Action Tank at the AIDS Foundation
- Liz Bennet, State Representative, Iowa House of Representatives
- Kenneth Romero-Cruz, Executive, National Hispanic Caucus of State Legislators
- Michael Lavers, International News Editor, The Washington Blade
- Nate Looney, CEO, Urban Farmer
- Nik Harris, LGBTQ Adivsor, Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Row Ilieuscu, Development Director, Equality Florida
- Scott Dibble, State Senator, Minnesota senate
- Tanya Walker, U.S. Army Veteran, Co-founder New York Transgender Advocacy group
These are only a few of our network members, we’re proud to have close to 200 members of the Beyond the Bridge Network.
What is the purpose of Beyond the Bridge?
BTB works to deepen the engagement of our past mission alumni, provide continued education around Israel and the work of AWB, and empower mission alumni to become changemakers in their communities and beyond. BTB members are advocates in their community on issues that affect Jewish, LGBTQ and Israel advocacy communities. They curate op-eds, engage local community leaders, participate in mobilization campaigns and so much more.