A Wider Bridge is looking for a driven, passionate, well-spoken, organized, talented writer in our new Program Associate, based in New York City. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 1-3 years of programming, communications, and/or operations experience, and a passion for Israel and LGBTQ life and community. The Program Associate plays an integral role in ensuring A Wider Bridge’s outreach and engagement events and related communications strategy run smoothly, timely, and effectively. This is a full-time position based in our New York City office in downtown Manhattan. The position requires the flexibility to travel and to work organizational and community events during nights and weekends.
- Programming and Communications
- Leadership Development
- In partnership with the Outreach Director, build relationships with Israel Mission prospects, Mission participants in Israel, and Mission alumni upon their return from Israel, to engage their local communities with A Wider Bridge, Israel and LGBTQ Israelis (organizing community events, networking for future Mission prospects, connecting with Alumni during calls to action during community mobilizations).
- In partnership with the Outreach Director, Organize and execute regional Alumni educational events (through our Beyond the Bridge Alumni initiative).
- Leadership Development
- In partnership with the Outreach Director and Communications Director, Curate educational and background materials for Alumni and AWB stakeholders on the issues affecting our work, and cultivate alumni leadership through one-on-one continued education and engagement with our issues.
- In partnership with the Communications Director, work with Mission Alumni to draft and place opinion pieces and articles in LGBTQ, Jewish, Israel, and mainstream media, and social media.
- Community Relations
- Find and lead opportunities for public speaking about the work of A Wider Bridge in LGBTQ and Jewish community spaces, forums, and conferences.
- Attend LGBTQ and Jewish events to network and engage communities and partners with our work.
- Programming Logistics
- System management (CRM) needs: Tracking event RSVPs, running attendee reports, uploading attendee contracts. Maintain CRM database of Mission prospects and alumni, including tracking activity and researching prospects.
- Coordinate and manage vendor and catering orders and payments, and provide on-site event logistical support (including set-up, overseeing registration/volunteers, and clean-up of events).
- Organize and send mass-emails through Mailchimp as directed by the Outreach Director and Communications Director.
- Correspond with mission participants, book and track flights and hotel information, coordinate with tour providers on logistical needs (bookings, confirmations)
- Maintain an updated programs and events calendar for the AWB team.
- Liaison with graphic designer for digital invitation needs and printed materials for programs.
- Track and place orders for programming and promotional inventory – including organizational brochures and fliers, pledge cards, shirts, décor, etc.
- Track and place orders for office inventory – including branded envelopes, office supplies, etc.
- Reports and Special Projects
- Prepare institutional surveys and reporting about A Wider Bridge local programming and Missions.
- Take on special projects at the request of the Outreach Director and Communications Director to advance the strategy and programmatic work of A Wider Bridge – including in-depth research projects, organizing and developing other publications, etc.
Please submit your Resume or CV and a cover letter to Sheridan@awiderbridge.org.