A Wider Bridge Midwest is excited to announce that we are currently recruiting for our first ever campus initiative, A Wider Bridge University.
AWBU is for students who want to effectively engage their LGBTQ and allied campus communities with Israel and LGBTQ Israelis. Our fellows will work closely with A Wider Bridge staff and lay leaders, along with local Jewish and LGBTQ community partners, to build authentic relationships between the Jewish and LGBTQ campus communities around Israel and LGBTQ life in Israel. This program was made possible by a generous grant from the Jewish United Fund of Metropolitan Chicago’s Breakthrough Fund.
Our fellowship runs from October 2017 to May 2018. Students who complete the program will receive a stipend of $1000 for the academic school year, and the opportunity to apply for our 2018 summer internship program.
Below are our application and program guidelines. To apply, please email all resumes and cover letters to Midwest Manager, Laurie Grauer
- Full-time 2017-18 Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or non-graduating Senior undergraduate student in good academic standing at DePaul University, Northwestern University, University of Chicago, Loyola University, or, University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Demonstrate support for and the ability to clearly articulate A Wider Bridge’s mission and values.
- A demonstrated passion for both Israel and LGBTQ community and advocacy.
- Comfortable and eager to engage in cultivating relationships with students on Israel and LGBTQ Israelis on campus, both in one-on-one sessions and in group settings.
- The ability to conduct outreach in the campus community with respect and composure at all times, even in difficult situations.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Ability to transform ideas into measurable actions.
- Attend AWBU Fellowship Fall Launch (11/30/17), 2 Day Winter Summit (01/20-01/21/17), and Concluding Spring Ceremony (05/18/17)
- Participate in bi-monthly AWBU Fellowship meetings at the AWB Loop office, and additional calls and meetings with A Wider Bridge staff and lay leaders as needed
- Commit to 6-8 hours of campus work per month
- Identify, develop and execute 2 projects to engage your campus community with Israel and LGBTQ Israelis, with the following outcomes:
- At least 10 student leaders engaged from your campus
- At least 40-50 students engaged overall with AWBU throughout the course of the school year with your campus leaders