A Wider Bridge is excited to announce that we are currently recruiting for Director of Programs and Development
A Wider Bridge is seeking a passionate, organized, and motivated leader and change maker to serve as our new Director of Programs and Development. The ideal candidate is committed to A Wider Bridge’s mission of building LGBTQ and allied support for Israel and LGBTQ Israelis, with experience in the LGBTQ, Jewish, and pro-Israel fields. We are seeking candidates for this position who have a minimum of six years of experience and an accomplished track record in fundraising, leadership development, and programming in addition to prior management experience.
We are currently accepting candidates willing to work from San Francisco, Los Angeles or New York.
a. The Director of Programs and Development will manage the regional and development staff of A Wider Bridge as they execute fundraising, leadership development, programs, and community relations responsibilities.
b. Ensure staff are properly trained, supported, and nurtured
c. Create a positive work environment to promote excellence, cooperation, and teamwork
d. Oversee and help staff achieve benchmarks and metrics; conduct formal and informal staff reviews and evaluations
a. Develop and oversee the organization’s annual fundraising campaign in partnership with the Executive Director
b. Steward and solicit major individual gifts and private foundational support, with long-term growth plans for high level supporters
c. Prepare and submit grant applications, reports, and LOIs
d. Plan and execute parlor meetings, fundraising events, and other development meetings
3. Leadership Development
a. Oversee A Wider Bridge regional Metro Councils (currently in New York and Chicago)
b. Oversee recruitment and relationship management with A Wider Bridge LGBTQ Mission participants and alumni
4. Programs and Events
a. Oversee annual programming calendar for local and national events
b. Curate and execute:
i. US community programming featuring LGBTQ Israeli leaders and organizational delegations
ii. US community programming connecting local LGBTQ and Jewish/pro-Israel communities around Israel and LGBTQ Israelis
iii. Fundraising events and parlor meetings
5. Community Relations
a. Develop and cultivate new and existing partnerships in the LGBTQ, pro-Israel, and Jewish communities
b. Represent AWB in the community through speaking engagements, trainings, and panel discussions
c. Represent AWB at partners’ community events
a. Oversee regional and development staff day-to-day budgetary decisions
b. Oversee proper staff usage of A Wider Bridge software, including donor database, program calendar, email software, Expensify (expense reports) and others as needed
A Successful Candidate will:
● Approach work in a self-motivated way without need for close supervision, and with effective time management.
● Be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and keep them moving forward in a timely manner.
● Be well organized, with strong attention to detail, record-keeping, administrative tasks and follow-up on all aspects of a project.
● Be comfortable working in a small organization, be a good “team player” and demonstrate a willingness to “do whatever it takes to get the job done”.
● Have experience working with the communities and issues that are core to the work of A Wider Bridge: Jewish, LGBTQ and Israeli. Knowledge of Israel a plus.
● Be an effective networker and relationship builder, and demonstrate an ability to maintain organizational message, communicate with diplomacy and nuance and work successfully with people and organizations of varying viewpoints.
● Strong communication and storytelling skills, both oral and written, one on one and in public settings.
● Have the ability to develop and monitor a program budget.
● Available to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends.
● Demonstrate strong technical and computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mailchimp, Dropbox, and Salesforce, with ability to learn new programs.
● Have at least a B.A. or B.S. from an accredited four-year college program.
Ready to apply?
Please submit your Resume or CV and a cover letter to Tyler@Awiderbridge.org.