A Wider Bridge is seeking a skilled and creative digital media enthusiast to be our next part-time Digital Communications Associate (approximately 15-20 hours per week) to promote and advance the organization’s mission, brand, and programming online through our web magazine, social media, and mass email system. This position plays a critical role for an organization increasingly engaged in public discourse around Israel, LGBTQ rights, and the Jewish community.
1. Publish daily compelling and exciting content (aggregated and original) on awiderbridge.org and social media of interest to the LGBTQ, Jewish, and pro-Israel communities of North America and Israel:
a. Promote A Wider Bridge events and updates
b. Research and publish news from media sources (US, Canada, Israel) affecting our communities
c. Write and publish original pieces of interest to our communities on AWB channels and in media outlets: community
news, interviews, and opinion pieces (written by AWB lay leaders and community partners)
d. Arrange and publish images, videos, and other viral content
2. Maintain and grow followers and engage social media influencers on social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Moovz, others).
a. Communicate with online followers via email and social media, and direct to AWB team members accordingly
b. Use paid promotion strategies to engage target audiences
c. Track website Alexa rankings and A Wider Bridge social media growth
d. Stay up-to-date with website and social media trends and changes
3. Manage and update awiderbridge.org – a WordPress operated web magazine, with new content and updated technologies
a. Publish pages with detailed titles, tags, photos, and related articles
b. Maintain Godaddy account – back ups, updates, and hosting services
4. Prepare and send Mailchimp emails
a. Weekly email newsletter to A Wider Bridge supporters aggregating online content
b. In partnership with AWB staff, prepare and send event invitations and organization updates
• Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, CMS platforms (e.g., WordPress, Drupal), e-mail marketing platforms (e.g., MailChimp), social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
• Demonstrated knowledge of new media (Website editing and creation, social media platforms and tools, audience segmentation strategies for communication and advertising, email marketing platforms)
• Strong writing experience in fluent English for social networks, websites, and blogging with demonstrated ability to write compelling social media content (understanding of audience engagement strategies).
• Ability to create and source creative content (images and viral content)
• Passion and understanding of the Mission and purpose of A Wider Bridge, and familiarity with the LGBTQ, Jewish and Pro-Israel communities
• Ability to manage multiple tasks on different timelines, perform and thrive in a high-volume, dynamic environment, work independently and remotely
• Ability to work flexible hours, with the potential for increased work on occasion around high-profile events and media affecting the organization
Skills preferred (but not required)
• Fluency in Hebrew
• Graphic design experience
• Video design and editing
• Public relations and communications background and experience
Ready to apply? apply here