Join A Wider Bridge for our 6th annual LGBTQ Leadership Mission to Israel, November 10 to 19, 2016! Our unique trip brings together an incredible and diverse group of 25 demonstrated LGBTQ and allied leaders from across North America.
Thank you for your interest in our Mission! Registration for November is now closed. Stay tuned for information about our June 2017 Mission in the coming month. Questions? Email tyler@Awiderbridge.org
Through shared experience, the trip connects modern Israeli and LGBTQ life with the ancient roots of its people. Our 9-night journey takes us to the desert, Jerusalem, the West Bank, the Galilee, and Tel Aviv.
Get acquainted with the leadership of Israel’s most significant LGBTQ organizations, each at the forefront of change in Israeli society. Meet leading Israeli LGBTQ figures from all walks of life – religious and secular – from politics, activism, culture, music, film and much more!
Together we’ll relive Israel’s history – from the ancient ruins of Masada, to the spiritual and diverse Old City of Jerusalem, along with visits to the more recent institutions that tell the incredible story of the modern State of Israel and its founders.
We’ll also meet organizations and people building the future of modern Israel – a country thriving as a diverse and urban high-tech powerhouse and research superpower, yet brimming with domestic and foreign challenges and contradictions.
And no LGBTQ mission would be complete without savoring the culture and nightlife of Tel Aviv, consistently rated one of the leading LGBTQ cities of the world!
Past Itinerary Highlights (Full 2016 Itinerary TBA):
• Shabbat Dinner at Jerusalem Open House, the Capitol’s LGBT community center
• Sample local Israeli cuisine at the Mahane Yehuda Market
• Travel to Bethlehem and Ramallah in the Palestinian Territories
• Hear from residents of Jisr al Zarqa, the last Arab village on the Israeli Mediterranean Coast
• Meet LGBT leaders and elected officials at the Knesset, the Israeli Parliament
• Tour the Tel Aviv LGBT center with the Aguda – Israel LGBT Taskforce
• Music night at Tel Aviv’s historic gay bar Evita
For questions about the mission, to apply or to recommend an LGBTQ leader, contact Tyler Gregory